Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Works for Me Wednesday: Library Tip


I love going to the library, but with three small children I have very little time to walk leisurely through the stacks selecting books for myself. Here's how I manage to get books for myself while at the library...
My local library has a website. I go on the site to see if they have books or authors that I want to read. If the book I want is out I can place a "hold" for it and the library will have it at the front desk for me when it is returned. (Usually they call me when the book comes in and I have a few days to pick it up.)
If the book is on the shelf I can't put a "hold" on it. Instead, I write the title and author on a post-it note (those skinny tab ones work very well) and I put the post-it note on my library card. When I'm at the library I can manage my kids long enough to walk a few stacks to get a specific book.
Leave a comment before heading over to Shannon's for more WFMW tips!

3 comments:

Shelly said...

I reserve items ahead of times as well, and then plan our library excursions when I have things to pick up!

justabeachkat said...

Very good idea! Planning ahead makes things so much less stressful! Thanks for the tip.

Anonymous said...

runescape money runescape gold tibia item tibia gold runescape accounts tibia money runescape gp buy runescape gold tibia gold tibia item buy runescape money runescape items tibia money