Friday, May 4, 2007

Crystal Light Pie!

Next week is Teacher Appreciation Week and I love those ladies that teach my boys!

Since I can't send the ladies a large bottle of liquor to complete the day with one of my boys, I like to bake a special sweet treat for each teacher. This week I've gone to each of them (3 teachers and 3 assistants) to inquire about their "favorites."

One of the teachers is "low-carbing it" and I wasn't sure what to bake for her. She suggested a creamy, refreshing pie and promised to send the recipe for Crystal Light Pie.

I'm not usually a fan of easycreamypieinagrahamcrackershell, so when I looked at the recipe I was skeptical. Being brave, however, I whipped up a pie yesterday.


Let's just say, "YUM!!" It was light, but not gaggy, and I loved the raspberry lemon flavor. The husband and the boys gave it a thumbs up. It would be great at a picnic or summer potluck.
I may just have to whip up one of these for our favorite Mrs. S. ;)


Crystal Light Pie
1 can sweetened, condensed milk
1 pk of Crystal Light powder for making a pitcher of drink (any flavor-- I used the raspberry lemonade)
1 tub Cool Whip (I used Lite)
1 graham cracker pie crust(I used the reduced fat one)

I mixed the Crystal Light with the sweetened, condensed milk and then folded in the Lite Cool Whip. I then plopped that mixture into the pie crust. I put it in the freezer for a quick cool down, but I could've just put it in the fridge. I do wonder how it would taste frozen
.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

that sounds cool and refeshing! Perhaps I can make that for my dad on his birthday!

Leslie said...

By the way, I linked to your blog on my Band Members section. Let me know if that is not ok.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.