Sunday, April 20, 2008

Flip Flop Mama!

I've never liked flip flops. I really hate anything stuck between my toes. And I don't really like looking at my ugly feet. Like I said, I'm not a huge fan of flip flops.
Now, I always buy my boys a new pair for the summer. There was even a post last summer about S' flip flops, but I've not owned a pair since high school... at least.

I really want something easy for the trips to the pool and beach, but I just can't bring myself to waddle around (because that is how I walk with plastic shoved between my toes) with flip flops.

My friend, Susan (the one that lives close to me) and my teaching assistant, Patty, both tell me that I just need to buy better flops that use ribbon or cloth for the thingie between the toe. Yeah, right.
Then I found these. Notice the ribbon between the toe thingie. Notice the cushy sole. (There is even some tread on that sole). And, I might add that this is the first thing I've ever bought that is Carolina Girl. (For those of you out of the state of SC that means it has the palmetto tree and crescent moon on it.)
And, extra bonus... these exactly match my bathing suit... chocolate brown and turquoise. (The pic isn't great. The suit really is brown and the dots are tiny. And my hair isn't that long. :) )

I guess I'm going to be a Flip Flop Mama, after all!

(I bought the flops at a local shop, but I did find them online at judyellenboutique.com. How cool is that?!)

8 comments:

Kim Thomas said...

I am constantly made fun of for wearing Birkenstocks but the truth is I wear them because I hate having something between my toes. It drives me crazy.

I will say though that these are much cuter than my Birkenstocks.

Kerri said...

So cute!! I used to be the same way about having something between my toes...but the ones with ribbon or cloth aren't bad and I now have TONS!!! Hopefully this will just be your first pair of many. :-)

Ter said...

I too, cant' stand anything between my toes. My other problem is I can't wear shoes that don't have a back on them, because I *will* trip and fall, or they come off which then of course causes me to trip and fall! And of course nowadays it's hard to find shoes with backs!

Knit-Wit said...

No flip flops here - We are still wearing snow boots. Sigh...

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

These will be great with your bathing suit. What a perfect match. I hope you'll find them comfortable.

Amanda said...

I've always hated the strap between my toes, too. You give me hope that I could still be cool. (At least in the sense that my feet wouldn't sweat as much.)

E.B. said...

This suit is adorable - we sell them where I work and I have been admiring it! I think Birks go with anything (even socks!), but that's just me. The flip flops are cute and suit the suit, though. :) Crocs make a style of sandal now, with a slim band across the foot & heel and nothing between the toe, which you might find useful in the future, when your flip flops wear out.

Shawna said...

Really cute stuff!