Saturday, June 9, 2007

God Cares about the Little Things...

Some people view God as some far-off, distant being that is really only concerned with the big things in life. Many people don't bring their concerns to God because he just has "bigger fish to fry." Well, not the God I know. He cares about the little things that are important to me.

Almost two weeks ago I was stripping beds and washing laundry when the doorbell rang. It was mid morning and I opened the door to find A's first grade teacher. She was on her way to the school to finish cleaning (school had only been out a week or so) and could we use a swing set? I busted out laughing. I said, "Mrs. S. do you know how long I've been praying for a swing set?"

Every time I bring up the idea of buying a climber or swing set for the boys my husband protests. Oh, he has a valid reason for not wanting to buy one, but I still want them to have one!

Not only did Mrs. S give us the swing set that her nieces had outgrown, but she and her dad brought it to our house and set it up.

What a gracious God we serve! Not only is God concerned about the "biggies" in my life, but he also cares for me and provides me with the little things, too. Little things like a swing set for my boys!

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Mrs. S... Thanks! We love it!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Thanks for your supportive comment earlier. I have been trying to work on my competitiveness so I think that is why the other mom's got to me so. I cannot imagine a toddler chore schedule! That's TOO funny!

That is wonderful about the swing set. I am very bad about not wanting to trouble God with my "little" problems. Something to work on for me...

One other thing, to get some of your blog links to cooperate edit the code to say just http:// instead of http://http// Let me know if you have questions about that, or if I can help :)

Nikki said...

how wonderful! and just in time for summer vacation!!!