Saturday, April 28, 2007

Here's my purse...

Amberly over at Moments Amid Messes(http://momentsamidmesses.blogspot.com/2007/04/purse-meme.html ) has a an entry about her purse. I thought I would play along and post a photo (or two since I can't figure out how to delete a photo...) of my purse.

When I first moved to Fort Wayne, Indiana (home of the seminary dh attended and home of the Vera Bradley purses) I could not figure out what all the hub-bub was over the purses. They are washable, that is about all I could see. Well, the longer I lived there and the more of these purses and totes and accessories I saw the more I began to think they were cute.

Then, when I was pregnant with my third child, I discovered the VB diaper bag and I was sold on Vera Bradley. (The diaper bag, then, had three pockets on the front so I could carry three sippy cups.)

Last year I no longer needed to carry a three-sippy-cup-diaper bag, but I still needed to carry a pull-up and some wipes. And I frequently need both hands. So, I figured that a backpack would work. And, of course, VB has a very cute backpack. This one is the Americana Red pattern (now retired) and I love it.



As for the contents:

misc. pens, pencils, and emery boards
hand creams
wallet, checkbook and checks (need to get a cover, don't I?)
business card/appointment reminders
tylenol
wet wipes because I will ALWAYS carry wipes!
granola bar that I threw in my purse a week ago to pass off as "breakfast" (I'm really just amazed it isn't crushed into "ice cream topping" by now.)
chocolate covered cinnamon altoids
cinnamon gum
piece of paper covered with notes from an early childhood literacy workshop I attended

not seen:
my camera fits in the back pocket
my cell phone clips on one of the side pockets
tons of slips of paper stuffed into the front pocket

Well, I promised the kids that I would let them eat the cotton candy from last night's school carnival, so I must get going! (You should see the deprived faces that keep coming to see if I'm finished yet.)
Don't forget to leave a comment!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your bag! Red is my favorite!

Amberly said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! It's addictive! Thanks for joining in the purse meme! Love the title of your blog!

Kerri said...

As another Vera Bradley purse carrier I have to say that I love your bag! I hope the cotton candy was yummy! :-)