I saw this over at Kerri's blog, http://livingwithalabradoodle.blogspot.com/2007/12/christmas-blog.html, and thought I'd give it a whirl!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Mostly wrapping paper under the tree. I think there is something so satisfying about RIPPING off the wrapping paper to reveal a surprise. Gift bags are so handy, however, so I do use them occasionally.
2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial. Our first Christmas my dh and I spent the whole Christmas decoration budget on a fabulous tree from Canadian Tire. It is full and huge and that first year it sported only 17 ornaments.
3. When do you put up the tree? Growing up we only decorated for Christmas after my mother's birthday, December 12th. Now we put it up early in the month before the schedule gets too busy that we can't enjoy the "atmosphere".
4. When do you take the tree down? January 6th is Epiphany and the tree HAS to be up until then.
5. Do you like eggnog? Absolutely! I also like to make eggnogg milkshakes.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I remember the Christmas my brother and I got bikes. In our family we opened gifts right after Santa left (or my parents finished wrapping...) so in the middle of the night my brother and I were riding our new bikes around the neighborhood.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Several. My favorite one is the Willow Creek one given to me by my sil.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My dh.
9. Easiest person to buy for? My boys? But, then again, they can be tough to buy for, as well.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don't really have a worst Christmas gift ever, but I did win the award for worst Easter basket ever. In college, my mom mailed my Easter basket to me... complete with dyed Easter egg!
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail... and they turned out so cute this year!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I'm not trying to sound hard and heartless, but I really don't care for any Christmas movies other than funny ones like Christmas with the Cranks or Christmas Vacation. I'm already overworked and stressed and it doesn't take more than a few minutes of an emotionally abused reindeer or a crippled donkey at the manger to turn me to a puddle of tears.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? When I find "it".
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't think so...You didn't like what I sent?
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cookies!
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored, dh's choice.
17. Favorite Christmas song? You mean you are going to make me choose? Breath of Heaven by Amy Grant is beautiful.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We used to travel. One year we would go to dh's parents'
and then the next year we would make it to my parents'. Now that dh is a pastor we really can't leave until after Christmas, if we travel...
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? *scratching brain* Does it count that I can say all the Commandments?
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? A star. Kinda looks like white stained glass.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning. My dh thought that opening gifts on Christmas Eve in the middle of the night was bizarre. (He's just jealous that I got my presents before him...)
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The gazillion people shopping while I'm shopping.
23. What I love most about Christmas? Decorations and cookies!