Tuesday, March 25, 2008

WFMW: Party-in-a-Bag

One of my favorites things to do for kids' parties is what I call, "Party-in-a-Bag."

I take a party favor bag and put in:

a drink (juice box, Caprisun, or mini bottled water)
a fruit cup (or applesauce, or apple slices-to-go) and spoon
a food "treat" (little bag of chips, granola bar, pudding cup, or a snack cake)
a toy "treat" (funny sunglasses, a mini slinky, a tiny coloring book, etc.)
a festive napkin


These Party Bags are fun and easy to distribute and the kids love them. The kids open the bags to enjoy a snack together and take home whatever they don't eat. You can easily supplement the "Party-in-a-Bag" with a slice of pizza or a hunk of birthday cake.
Please leave a comment and then head on over to Rocks in My Dryer for more WFMW tips.


My wild and crazy boys at a friend's birthday party a few weeks ago.

10 comments:

Burger Mom said...

Great idea. That would work super for a party at the park!

Niki Jolene said...

That is so unique!

Thanks for sharing.

:)

Unknown said...

That's a wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing. I think I can even use this for day-out or a picnic with a group of friends. :)

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

What a fun idea!

Erin K. said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'll have to remember the party-in-a-bag idea for when my daughter gets older. I'll also have to try out the brownie recipe you posted - it sounds WONDERFUL!

GeonHui's Bakery said...

Fun idea! I'll have to remember that!

Mamacita said...

Oh, very cool idea! Love it!

Judy said...

Great idea - and I like how pretty much everything is USABLE. So much of the "goody bag garbage" is just that - garbage after a day or so!

Chrissy said...

What a great idea! Mine are so little we haven't really had many birthday parties yet, but I think I'll try this idea for my toddler's second birthday coming this June. Thanks for the tip!

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

This is a great idea. It has the potential for cutting out a lot of chaos at a party!