Wednesday, June 30, 2010

WFMW: Summer Salad

Back when I was regular with my blogging I participated in a blog carnival called, "Works for Me Wednesday." Everyone would head over to Kristen's blog, We Are That Family, and post a handy tip or recipe. Since I'm home from school now I was excited about sharing a new recipe that I made for the first time yesterday. (And I made a double batch today!) It seems like a bit of an odd combination, but I promise that if you like tomatoes and peaches you will be wowed!

This would be a lovely salad at your Canada Day or July 4th picnic!

Summer Peach and Tomato Salad
(Based on a similar recipe in Cooking Light)

3 ripe (not overripe) peaches, chopped into bite size pieces
3 ripe tomatoes, chopped into bite size pieces
1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion (almost a sliver size piece)
2 T white wine vinegar
1 T olive oil
2 t honey
1/2 t kosher salt
1/8 t black pepper (or more)
dried basil to taste
1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled

Place all the ingredients in a bowl and gently toss. Eat and enjoy! I'm sure this recipe is even better the next day, but so far I haven't had any left over to try the next day!

4 comments:

Nikki said...

When it is time to pick peaches here in PA, I will have to give this a try!
Hope you all are having a great summer!

Mom2fur said...

I've bookmarked this and plan to try it really soon! I love that it is unusual but has all the ingredients I like!

Clint said...

We have a peach tree and I will try this when he peaches and tomatoes are both on. Nice to see you back in the blogosphere :-)

Lisa said...

I found your blog off of facebook and a comment from Kim Schave. I'm also an LCMS pastors wife. I think too I might have stumbled upon your blog during the xmas home tours. The title sounded so familiar to me.
Lisa