Wednesday, January 28, 2009

WFMW: Chocolate Milk

Wow is my world busy! Church, Baseball, Cub Scouts, and school activities have kept us very busy, so this week's Works for Me Wednesday Tip is very simple. Every week we buy two gallons of milk. (Don't you?) We open one gallon jug and squeeze an insane amount of chocolate syrup into the jug. (As long as I am sugaring them up I choose Hershey's lite.) Replace the cap and shake it up. Yum. Now, when you open the fridge you can either have white milk (not like anyone chooses to DRINK that, mind you) or you can shake and chug some tasty chocolate milk.

Chocolate-y, milky goodness without the mess of pouring, squeezing and stirring. And I don't have to watch anybody try to drink out of the glass with the spoon still sticking out. "You'll poke your eye out with that!!"
Now, that really works for me.
Head on over to Rocks in My Dryer and find out what other great ideas bloggers are sharing today.

11 comments:

Cheryl Lage said...

That is a GREAT idea! Right now, we've discovered Sarah will drink her milk if we add Carnation Instant Breakfast (the WalMart knockoff) to it....which is GREAT since protein isn't her strong suit.

Great tip on the Choc Milk jug!

Wanda said...

Brilliant lady!
Never thought of this one.
But I'm gonna DO IT!

Anonymous said...

Love that idea!

Lynn said...

This is a great tip! I wish I'd known about it long ago. I also read recently that you can freeze chocolate milk in ice cube trays (if it's about to go bad) and use it for smoothies and milk shakes. I want to try that idea, too :)

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

I love chocolate milk. Great idea!

I also have to second Cheryl's idea with the carnation instant breakfast. It tastes good, and it has a lot of vitamins & minerals.

penguinsandladybugs said...

Now see....it is ideas like this that make me feel silly....fairly simple....but still hadn't thought of it myself! Thanks for the tip!

Washer Mom Val said...

Clever. I think I'll even try this! Thanks!

the ginhouse said...

Not to rain on your parade my sweet sweet friend, but did you contemplate buying a gallon of Walmart chocolate milk?
By the way, sorry we got cut off Friday. You'll love how our journey took "a wrong turn"! I'll be posting it on my site.

Nikki said...

My family would love it if I did this for them!!!
Do you have to pour any of the milk out before adding the chocolate syrup?

Lori said...

Great idea!

Anonymous said...

What a neat idea! My kids only get chocolate milk when it goes on sale, and then I have to dilute it with white. I love that this way I can control how chocolatey it is. thanks!