Wednesday, December 10, 2008

WFMW: Entertaining Tip

Having people over soon? Will you be serving steaks, nibbles, cookies, or drinks? Doesn't matter what you are serving, I know you will need a huge stash of napkins! Here's an easy tip to spruce up your pile of napkins.

Start with a neat pile of napkins.

Assuming you are right-handed, hold the pile in your left hand- at an angle. Use your right fist to hold the napkins in your hand.

Stretch out your right thumb a bit and begin to gently press and rotate your right hand into the stack of napkins. This should "smoosh and slide" your napkins off each other in a spiral fashion.

Put the napkins back on the table and remove the top one that you got all "smooshy".

Admire the simplicity and elegance that a pretty stack of napkins will give you! Leave a comment and then run on over to Shannon's blog for more great Works for Me Wednesday tips!

10 comments:

heidi said...

ooooh purdy!!!

I am finally making rounds from WFMW from before Tday. EEP! Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

Carol said...

Is THAT how it's done? Holy smokes, but I'm dumb! I've always laid them atop each other, one by one, in a spiral. Gah!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Those look great! :D I can't wait to try that with some CHRISTmas colored napkins. :D

Amy said...

Well, I usually make individual napkin swans for each of my guests ... just kidding!

One of my friends used to be a bartender, so whenever we had people over, I'd let him do the honors. He could get the stack much more evenly spaced than I ever did.

Laura said...

I've done this with a glass but never with my hand.
Much easier with the hand I would think.

Anonymous said...

Great tip!!

Fuschia said...

You are so clever!

Rachel@just another day in paradise said...

looks pretty and sounds easy enough. . will definitely try.

Lynn said...

Pretty!

Katie said...

I can definitely use that tip!